,

Your IP Address

what is my ip address?

Find items to buy on Ebay that are for sale in your local area

If you would like to search on Ebay for a bargain item in your local area, Ebay has an option for you to do this. It saves so much time if you can narrow your search down to only include items for sale within driving distance of where you live. For example if you want to buy a car or a caravan from Ebay, the further the item is away form you the higher the price will be to get it to you. You might get a truck to transport a caravan or you might pick it up yourself. Either way, if it was closer it would definitely be cheaper.
The other advantage to finding items on Ebay for sale in your local area is that if they are marked with “pick up only” you might get it even cheaper. Marking an item on Ebay as “pick up only” is an auction killer for people selling items located in smaller towns. For example I live near Woodford Queensland and the population is small. If I wanted to buy something that was pickup only in my local area, there is not much competition in the way of bidding. If you got two people bidding you would be lucky.

How to find items for sale on Ebay in your local area?

1. Go to Ebay and signin to your account.
2. Type in the search box what you are looking for and hit search. I am looking for a caravan as you can see in the screen shot below.
searching for local items on ebay
3. Scroll down the page. In the left menu find the word Distance. Click on it.
4. Press on the little drop down arrow to choose a distance. This is how far you are willing to travel to get your purchased item. In the screhshot below I have chosen to show caravans for sale within 50km of 4514.
search in Ebay - within a distance
5. Then put your postcode in and press the >> button.
Now all the items I see are in my local area and will be easy for me to pick up or cheap to post.
Here is a video showing how to search for an Ebay item within a certain distance.
Notes:
  • I do not need to choose what country to search in as I am already searching on Ebay Australia and I have already narrowed the search results down.
  • If you are trying to save on postage fees then search for items within your state or territory. Once you go over the boundaries the postage and freight costs get expensive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment