,

Your IP Address

what is my ip address?

Remove fast access facial recognition from your Dell laptop

I just purchased a Dell Studio i7 Laptop for my daughter and while testing it out noticed how slow it was running. It was running even slower than our old core duo Dell laptop we had running next to the new one. The new one had Windows Seven and the older one had Windows Vista. Let me tell you I was not very happy. Buying a new top of the range laptop, bringing it home, and discovering it ran as slow as a tortoise in mud. Obviously I knew how to solve this but it was the hassle that upset me. New computers and laptops are full of trial software and cool features that hog cpu resources. One of the main offenders was the Fast Access was facial recognition software. This cool feature was scanning my face to see if it recognized me so it could log me in without typing a password in. Well besides not actually recognizing anyone, it slowed the computer down to the extent of me saying, “why bother?” Why have this feature in the first place?

How to remove Fast Access facial recognition software?

1.  Go to the start menu and choose control panel.
2.  Go to Programs and Features or Programs. This is the equivalent of Add or Remove programs in Windows XP.
3.  When it is open find the Fast Access software in the list of installed programs. See the screen shot below.
remove fast access
4.  When it is selected choose the uninstall icon at the top of the list.
4.  The Fast Access Setup Wizard will appear. Press next. See Screen shot below.
remove facial recognition
5.  In the next window choose the Remove option. See below.
Dell facial recognition
6.  Now you will have a choice to leave configuration files or remove them all. If you plan to not re-install this program you can remove all files.
7.  Then press next.
8.  Now press on the Remove icon.
After this process I restarted the computer and the speed of the laptop improved by at least 20%. Later I removed other trial software and stopped at least 6 programs in the start up section in msconfig.

0 comments:

Post a Comment